Sunday, November 8, 2009

From the Diary of a Brain Tumor Chick

Thursday, October 29th 2009

Robert was suppose to go back to work today, but fittingly, I awoke experiencing one of my worst headaches yet. This time was once again different...this time I was pissed! Pissed that this thing thought it would slow me down and even more pissed that much to my avail...it was working. Not one medication of the plethora of drugs I have been prescribed would even touch it. Nothing even helped a little. This was the beginning of pain shots for me. That was a tough undertaking for me. Me, who doesn't even like taking minor medication, had to concede to this blasted tumor and allow them to inject whatever the heck they wanted to simply because the pain was making me crawl the walls.

It was a bad day. A day filled with too much pain both physically and emotionally. To top it off the pain shot only takes the edge off the physical pain and does nothing for the emotional.

They also started me on mega steroids. To Buff me Up. Just Kidding I wish. To reduce the inflammation of THE TUMOR IN MY BRAIN!

It's the first day I realize, I'm really sick and this is really happening!

I have a brain tumor!

2 comments:

Laura C said...

Hey Frances I saw your blog on fb and wanted to follow along. I am sure you remember but we went to high school together. I used to be Laura Wainright, now Laura Campbell. Anyways, I for sure do not want to bug you, but I really have been thinking a lot about you lately. The same week that I learn of your tumor, a sweet friend of mine came to me with a friend of hers who was diagnosed with 11 tumors in her brain. Having never been confronted with this issue before, it has really taken me by storm. So I hope it does not bother you that I follow especially considering we have not spoken in like 12 years :) I am just hoping to be a supporter and lend whatever help I can. I am very sorry you had a bad day and I hope tomorrow is better. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nielson said...

I cannot even imagine the pain! I have only had one migraine (thank goodness) and it was a nightmare. I was rolling around on the floor--Jeremy thought I had lost my mind. And I think I did... :)